The modern warehouse has moved beyond storage and inventory to embrace flexibility and real-time responsiveness to meet the complexities of an increased demand for speed, agility, and accuracy in all aspects of warehousing — from order picking to inventory management. But almost 35% of companies are still not using a WMS to manage their warehouse, instead relying on manual means such as Excel and disparate modules to run individual functions.
Are you falling behind? Do you need help moving from a traditional warehouse to an automated, data-driven warehouse of the future?
In this whitepaper, we discuss:
- Developing an implementation strategy and what factors to take into account
- What critical information is necessary to properly access your environment
- Picking a WMS
- Getting input from stakeholders and team members
- Identifying potential pitfalls and stress points
- The impact of proper testing
- Tracking results
- “The Amazon Effect”