The Tryon Solutions WMS / Cycle Delivery Group is hiring a Director, Project Office to work in our Raleigh, North Carolina office or remote.
Salary: $122,000 – $132,000 annually
As part of the Tryon Solutions WMS / Cycle Delivery Group, the Project Office Director is empowered to implement, maintain and maximize a value-added organization which defines the standards for Project Management, ensures projects and programs are executed in a repeatable way as well as provide portfolio-level decision support information needed for successful delivery engagements. In addition, the role will at times manage customer supply chain software implementations and support other consulting needs.
Essential functions (what you’ll do)
- Implement, and continuously improve, project and program processes that impart governance, transparency, reusability, delivery support and traceability
- Institute portfolio reporting that is accurate, timely and relevant
- Ensure that the PMO organization services the business objectives of both US-domestic and off-shore organizations equally and effectively
- Participate with and support Sales in their efforts with prospective customers; be knowledgeable of contracts with customers and third-party vendors; assist in contract development where applicable
- Provide Project Management for a subset of Supply Chain Software Implementation projects in the overall project portfolio
- Develop a partnership with customers in which productive communication influences positive outcomes, empowers project teams and removes applicable roadblocks
- Provide oversight in the project implementation phases for customer engagements
- Insist on a culture in which Project Teams are knowledgeable about the customer’s business, the customer’s business goals and objectives, time frames, payback and their expectations of Tryon
- Together with Tryon Executive Project Sponsors, provide an escalation path in the event of project challenges; participate in regular executive review meetings with the customer
- Assist the project team and customer in effective and timely problem/issue resolution
- Ensure that the customer is fulfilling their contractual obligations and in the spirit of the mutual agreement, insist on proper execution of Change Request procedures
Minimum required qualifications (what you have)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business or a related field of study
- PMI Certification
- In depth knowledge of portfolio management, resource management, governance and reporting
- Experience in Supply Chain Management business processes preferable
- Experience in the use of Automated Testing Tools a plus
- 10+ years experience in delivering large complex projects
- 3+ years management experience in leading a Project Management Organization
- Track record of developing and enforcing project management procedures and policies
- In-depth and demonstrated expertise in delivering people, process, and technology change utilizing both domestic (US) and off-shore teams
- Strong vendor management experience
- Experience working in a Consulting Services Organization servicing external clients
- Desire to manage, develop and mentor team members with a strong desire to learn and contribute
- Proficient experience with Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence) and NetSuite OpenAir
Additional responsibilities (other things we’ll ask of you)
Implement the following PMO Framework:
- Process Components: create and/or update procedures for Project Initiation, Project Execution, Project Closure and Project Audits.
- Operational elements: create and/or update processes for Deal Management, Portfolio Reporting, Forecasting and Customer Invoicing.
- Staffing: leveraging existing PM roles as well as hiring new individuals to achieve staff of high-quality, high-potential PMs. This includes hiring, onboarding, training and mentoring.
- Continuous assessment and feedback activities to ensure that Project Managers execute effective, customer-friendly project processes for Planning, Communications, Budgeting, Resource Management, Time Management, Customer Satisfaction, Scope Control, Risk/Issue Management, Status Reporting and maintenance of Project Collateral
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Our vision is to be the leader in providing high-quality JDA solutions leveraging our proprietary automated testing application, Cycle. We have extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades, and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation, and other logistics execution software applications. We are a rapidly growing company and, as part of our Cycle Delivery team, you will directly contribute to our expansion and see your work used in businesses around the world. In addition to being part of a growing tech company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, IRA matching, a flexible work environment, and an open paid time off policy.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office. This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time as business needs evolve. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If challenging work and a dynamic team environment are intriguing to you, please apply! To do so, simply complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.