Working at Tryon Solutions means you’ll be helping large and Fortune 500 companies throughout North America and the world increase productivity, reduce risk, and optimize operations across their supply chain. You’ll be part of a team that’s modernizing the implementation and deployment of supply chain software solutions, freeing people and organizations from the concerns of business risk so they can focus on business growth.
Working in a dynamic and fast-paced organization, the role of the Sr. Director Sales is critical to the overall growth of Tryon. You’ll be working alongside the Marketing, Product, and Services teams to develop service opportunities with potential prospects and existing customers. An understanding of the supply chain marketplace for WMS/WLM/TMS as well as automated testing is critical to the overall success of this position.
Reports to: Senior Vice President Sales
Position Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: 40+ hours/week, specific days and hours based on sales needs
Travel: >50% mostly in the U.S., but with occasional international travel
Compensation: Salary + commissions, dependent on experience
- Identify new software and consulting services opportunities in each geography or vertical, closing new business for Tryon Solutions
- Work with the Services team to formulate service offerings incorporating Tryon’s industry-leading delivery methodology and automated testing solution, Cycle
- Articulate the value of Tryon’s offering and differentiate it from the competition
- Respond to RFQs and RFPs for software solution and services
- Sell against annual revenue targets for software and consulting services
- Work with assigned customers to identify new opportunities to deliver value through ongoing services engagements
- Develop effective account management plans and maintain in CRM
- Knowledge of JDA® Warehouse Management (WMS) and Warehouse Labor Management (WLM) preferred to effectively perform this role
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation
- Familiar with Agile, Dev-Ops, and Application Lifecycle Methodology
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Enjoy presenting to prospects in person or via phone
- None required
- 5+ years’ experience in a software services consulting sales role
- Understanding and demonstrated use of solution and value selling
- Account management skills
- Ability to forecast and manage a sales pipeline
- Demonstrated track record of achieving targeted sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field of study
- Ability to travel globally and have a valid passport
- Located near a major airport a plus
- Typical personal computer usage, such as typing and mouse manipulation, averages between six to eight hours per day.
- Ability to travel greater than 50% of the time.
- 40+ hours with overtime as requested to meet sales needs
- Must be willing to travel globally with greater portion of travel in the U.S.
- General office environment, however, when working at a prospect site some work may be done in a warehouse. During this time, general mobility with capability to climb, crawl and maneuver in restrictive areas may be necessary.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds
- Regular sitting, talking, hearing, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent standing, walking
- Occasional climbing/balancing, reaching – with arms and hands, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, feeling/touching.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as business needs evolve. This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to reflect essential functions per ADA.
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (formerly RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Tryon Solutions has extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation and other logistics execution software applications. Through partnering with customers, Tryon Solutions helps logistics teams leverage its services and solutions to increase productivity, reduce risk and optimize operations across their supply chain.
Complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.