The Tryon Solutions WMS Delivery team is hiring a Senior Solutions Engineer to work remote or in our Raleigh, North Carolina office.
Do you want to be able to say that you work on a team that’s changing an industry? Do you think it would be cool to help Fortune 500 companies ship products to their customers around the globe even faster than they do now? Do you have a curious mind and insist on quality in any project which you are a part of? At Tryon Solutions we are modernizing the deployment of supply chain software solutions! On the Tryon Solutions WMS Delivery team, we understand that supply chain software needs to adapt as quickly as supply chains themselves are changing. As a Sr. Solutions Engineer, you will provide supply chain software implementation and consulting so that customers can focus on optimizing their supply chains while freeing themselves from the concerns of business risk.
We’re looking for an individual who not only understands how software applications function, but how that software supports the customer’s business requirements. As a Sr. Solutions Engineer, you’ll utilize Cycle and play a crucial part in helping customers test their software applications. You’ll build meaningful customer relationships, write high quality automated tests, and support supply chain software implementations globally.
Essential functions (what you’ll do)
- Work with customers using JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications (Workforce Management, Parcel, Web Visibility, Integrator, Event Management) to understand their operations, processes, and challenges.
- Fully understand the requirements and priorities of customers and prospects through discovery.
- Document requirements, solutions summaries, functional and technical designs, and test plans.
- Define WMS architecture/infrastructure design.
- Works with project team to understand and help to refine and define project detail requirements from solution design.
- Provide final solution design deliverables to customer.
- Create level of effort hours estimates from a specification for the team.
- Create and execute test plans for JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications.
- Resolve defects found during testing.
- Develop extensions to the JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications through the use of SQL, MOCA (RedPrairie’s proprietary scripting language), JAVA, C, PERL, VB Script, and PHP.
Minimum required qualifications (what you have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
- Five (5) years of experience delivering JDA supply chain solutions
- Five (5) years of experience in JDA software implementation, standards and protocols, including configurations and integrations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead small teams
- Ability to mentor team members
- Strong desire to learn and contribute
- Strong experience with SQL programming languages
- Good experience with JAVA and C programming languages.
- Strong technical programming background in Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, .NET, Web Services
Additional responsibilities (other things we’ll ask of you)
You’ll also contribute to an ongoing effort to improve the quality of work being delivered to the customer. The role will directly impact the positive customer service experience we strive for with our clients. Candidates will continue to grow their knowledge base and strengthen their skillsets in the following areas:
- Develop interfaces with third party systems (e.g. automation, host systems, parcel systems, etc…).
- Provide estimates to project managers of complex work and resource requirements.
- Configure the JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management application.
- Manage and support JDA environments.
- May provide leadership to team members.
- Documenting and escalating issues that may have a negative financial impact
- Building collaborative client relationships that increase the perception of the value Cycle has to offer, while expanding on potential future business opportunities
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Cycle solution templates and best practices
- Developing extensions to the JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications through the use of SQL, MOCA (JDA’s proprietary scripting language), Groovy, C, PERL, VB Script, and PHP
- Developing reports and labels (e.g. Zebra ZPL Script, Jasper Reporting)
- Creating and executing automated test plans for JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications
Additional recommended qualifications (nice to have)
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
- Ability to work well independently, but also well on a team in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Ability to focus on customer needs and translate business user specifications into technical specifications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment while managing multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to creatively apply technology to solve business problems.
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Our vision is to be the leader in providing high-quality JDA solutions leveraging our proprietary automated testing application, Cycle. We have extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades, and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation, and other logistics execution software applications. We are a rapidly growing company and, as part of our Cycle Delivery team, you will directly contribute to our expansion and see your work used in businesses around the world. In addition to being part of a growing tech company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, IRA matching, a flexible work environment, and an open paid time off policy.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office. This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time as business needs evolve. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If challenging work and a dynamic team environment are intriguing to you, please apply! To do so, simply complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.