The Tryon Solutions Product team is hiring a Software Developer III to work in our Raleigh, North Carolina office.
Do you have a passion for building and shipping quality software? Do you cultivate an environment of quality wherever you go and foster collaboration and communication on your projects? Do you love being meta and appreciate the idea of building software that is made for testing other software? If this sounds like you, then this role was made for you!
The Tryon Solutions Product team is looking for someone who can balance both technical and soft skills and play a crucial part in optimizing development efforts while being a part of the entire development lifecycle, from the first stages of new feature development to final sprint goal deliverables. You’ll be working in a growing, Agile development environment and you’ll work directly with other team members on our world-class product, Cycle, that is in use at Fortune 500 companies around the globe, all while collaborating closely with our product owners, designers and support team.
Essential functions (what you’ll do)
- Work with team members to design, develop, test, and maintain the product
- Identify and use appropriate design patterns
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Maintain integrity and organization of code and deliverables
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering committed solutions
- Participate in the regularly-scheduled ceremonies for planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Interact with team members, other departments, scrum master, product owner, and managers to gather information for product-related development tasks and user stories
- Work with creative designers and produce solutions that embody the intent of the designer
- Work with test developers to ensure developed solutions include robust unit and acceptance tests
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Learn proprietary platforms
Minimum required qualifications (what you have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or a closely related field of study; or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 9+ years’ experience in related industry
- Knowledge of Git and version control
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Docs, Gmail, Slack, JIRA, Windows, Mac and PC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
- Takes pride in high quality software engineering and instills these values in others
Additional responsibilities (other things we’ll ask of you)
- Provides third-tier support to product users
Additional recommended qualifications (nice to have)
- Master’s degree in a related field of study
- Experience with Gherkin, Cucumber, or similar testing languages and tools
- Experience with Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development is preferred
- Familiarity with Selenium or similar web testing technologies
- Familiarity with development principles that promote security and data protection
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL database platforms
- Development and testing experience with web, client server, and desktop applications
- Experience with Web service and web socket protocols
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Our vision is to be the leader in providing high-quality JDA solutions leveraging our proprietary automated testing application, Cycle. We have extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades, and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation, and other logistics execution software applications. We are a rapidly growing company and, as part of our Cycle Product team, you will directly contribute to our expansion and see your work used in businesses around the world. In addition to being part of a growing tech company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, IRA matching, a flexible work environment, and an open paid time off policy.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office. This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time as business needs evolve. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If challenging work and a dynamic team environment are intriguing to you, please apply! To do so, simply complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.