The Tryon Solutions Product team is hiring a Software Developer in Test II to work in our Raleigh, North Carolina office.
Do you have a passion for building and shipping quality software? Do you believe software testers should have an active role in the scrum team? Do you cultivate an environment of quality wherever you go and foster collaboration and communication on your projects? Do you believe one of the most important aspects of software testing is ensuring a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and that if testing shifted any further to the left it would become the responsibility of the customer? Do you love being meta and appreciate the idea of testing software that is made for testing other software? The Tryon Solutions Product team is looking for someone who can implement change, who can balance both technical and soft skills, and someone who believes that it is a much the responsibility of software testers to prevent new problems as it is to find them. If this sounds like you, then this role was made for you!
At Tryon Solutions we’re looking for a team member who can work on our Product team to ensure everything we build is both testable and tested. You’ll be a part of the entire development lifecycle, from the first stages of new feature development to final sprint goal deliverables, to ensure new features are built for testability from the ground up. By being involved from the beginning, you’ll be able to ensure that all features we ship have strong test coverage and will continue to function reliably as the product evolves, and ensure we’re preventing new bugs from escaping the sprint.
This role will play a crucial part in everything we do to improve quality, optimize development efforts, and ship better products more consistently. You’ll be working in a growing, Agile development environment and you’ll work directly with developers on our world-class product, Cycle, that is in use at Fortune 500 companies around the globe, all while collaborating closely with our product owners, designers and support team.
Essential functions (what you’ll do)
- Verifies features and enhancements using whitebox and blackbox testing methodologies with an emphasis on debugging and identifying the root cause of issues
- Ensures the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques where practical
- Advocates for quality assurance best practices across the entire Product team
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the Agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Participates in the regularly-scheduled ceremonies for planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Interacts with Product and other Tryon team members to gather information for product related development tasks and user stories
- Partners closely with team members to create acceptance criteria for user stories, then leverages the acceptance to create tests that can be automated
Minimum required qualifications (what you have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or a closely related field of study; or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with hands-on participation in automated testing of software applications
- Extensive use and configuration of Jenkins and/or similar continuous testing systems
- Experience with Git or similar revision control
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Docs, Gmail, Slack, JIRA, Windows, Mac, and PC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Able to solve complex testing needs and drive overall solution quality
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
- Takes pride in high quality software engineering and instills these values in others
Additional responsibilities (other things we’ll ask of you)
- Provides third-tier support to users
- Participates in the maintenance of the Product test strategy
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources, and tools needed for testing
Additional recommended qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Gherkin, Cucumber, or similar testing languages and tools
- Experience with Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development is preferred
- Familiarity with Selenium or similar web testing technologies
- Testing experience with web, client server, and desktop applications
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Our vision is to be the leader in providing high-quality JDA solutions leveraging our proprietary automated testing application, Cycle. We have extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades, and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation, and other logistics execution software applications. We are a rapidly growing company and, as part of our Cycle Product team, you will directly contribute to our expansion and see your work used in businesses around the world. In addition to being part of a growing tech company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, IRA matching, a flexible work environment, and an open paid time off policy.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office. This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time as business needs evolve. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If challenging work and a dynamic team environment are intriguing to you, please apply! To do so, simply complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.