The Tryon Solutions Cycle Delivery team is hiring a Solutions Engineer in Test I to work in our Raleigh, North Carolina office.
Do you want to be able to say that you work on a team that’s changing an industry? Do you think it would be cool to help Fortune 500 companies ship products to their customers around the globe even faster than they do now? Do you have a curious mind and insist on quality in any project which you are a part of? At Tryon Solutions we are modernizing the deployment of supply chain software solutions! On the Tryon Solutions Cycle Delivery team, we understand that supply chain software needs to adapt as quickly as supply chains themselves are changing. That’s why we developed Cycle – so that customers can focus on optimizing their supply chains while freeing themselves from the concerns of business risk.
We’re looking for an individual who not only understands how software applications function, but how that software supports the customer’s business requirements. As a Solutions Engineer in Test, you’ll utilize Cycle and play a crucial part in helping customers test their software applications. You’ll build meaningful customer relationships, write high quality automated tests, and support supply chain software implementations globally.
Essential functions (what you’ll do)
- Develop and execute individual Cycle automation tests
- Utilize tools such as Confluence and JIRA for tracking and supporting Cycle project work
- Interact and work with customers to develop Cycle automated testing solutions
- Work as a team member to understand and review client documentation describing the customer’s operations, processes, and customizations (e.g. work instructions, SOPs)
- Must be willing to travel globally with greater portion of travel in the U.S.
- Occasional overtime is required as needed
Minimum required qualifications (what you have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Business, or a closely related field of study with programming experience; or the equivalent work experience
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, Groovy, C, Perl, VB Scripting, HTML or PHP
- Strong desire to learn and contribute
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Effective self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes ownership of project deliverables
- Not afraid to reach out for assistance and direction when encountering a new issue
- A good steward of time relative to training requirements and work assignments
- Ability to work well independently and on a team in an environment where priorities can change rapidly
Additional responsibilities (other things we’ll ask of you)
You’ll also contribute to an ongoing effort to improve the quality of work being delivered to the customer. The role will directly impact the positive customer service experience we strive for with our clients. Candidates will continue to grow their knowledge base and strengthen their skillsets in the following areas:
- Documenting and escalating issues that may have a negative financial impact
- Building collaborative client relationships that increase the perception of the value Cycle has to offer, while expanding on potential future business opportunities
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Cycle solution templates and best practices
- Developing extensions to the JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications through the use of SQL, MOCA (JDA’s proprietary scripting language), Groovy, C, PERL, VB Script, and PHP
- Developing reports and labels (e.g. Zebra ZPL Script, Jasper Reporting)
- Creating and executing automated test plans for JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications
- Developing an understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and other change management disciplines
- Gaining an understanding of Supply Chain Planning processes and concepts
Additional recommended qualifications (nice to have)
- BDD experience or familiarity – Gherkin experience is a strong plus
- Experience or knowledge of testing web applications and Web Services (REST API’s)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment solutions and best practices
- Experience or knowledge of using common automation frameworks
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Our vision is to be the leader in providing high-quality JDA solutions leveraging our proprietary automated testing application, Cycle. We have extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades, and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation, and other logistics execution software applications. We are a rapidly growing company and, as part of our Cycle Delivery team, you will directly contribute to our expansion and see your work used in businesses around the world. In addition to being part of a growing tech company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, IRA matching, a flexible work environment, and an open paid time off policy.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office. This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time as business needs evolve. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If challenging work and a dynamic team environment are intriguing to you, please apply! To do so, simply complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.