As part of the Tryon Solutions Services Group, the Solutions Engineer assists customers with supply chain software implementations and other consulting needs. The position requires strong communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, a desire to learn and contribute, and some past exposure to SQL, JAVA, and C programming languages.
Reports to: Senior Solutions Engineer
Position Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday
Travel: <50% in the United States and potentially out of the U.S.
Salary Range: Dependent on experience
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
- Work with customers using JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications (Workforce Management, Parcel, Web Visibility, Integrator, Event Management) to understand their operations, processes, and challenges.
- Document requirements, solutions summaries, functional and technical designs, and test plans.
- Create and execute test plans for JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications.
- Develop extensions to the JDA (RedPrairie) Warehouse Management and complimentary applications through the use of SQL, MOCA (RedPrairie’s proprietary scripting language), JAVA, C, PERL, VB Script, and PHP.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
- Ability to work well independently, but also well on a team in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Ability to focus on customer needs and translate business user specifications into technical specifications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment while managing multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to creatively apply technology to solve business problems.
- Effective self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes ownership of project deliverables.
- Some experience with programming languages preferred but not required: SQL, Java, C, Perl, VB Scripting, and PHP.
- An understanding of SDLC and other change management disciplines.
- Some understanding of Supply Chain Planning processes and concepts.
- Desire to learn Cycle business process validation software.
- None required
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Typical personal computer usage, such as typing and mouse manipulation, averages between six to eight hours per day.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Occasional overtime is required.
- Must be willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. and may be assigned to work at client sites across or outside of the U.S.
- General office environment, however when working at a client site most work is done in a warehouse. During this time, general mobility with capability to climb, crawl, and maneuver in restrictive areas may be necessary.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds.
- Regular sitting, talking, hearing, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional standing, walking, climbing/balancing, reaching – with arms and hands, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, feeling/touching.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as business needs evolve. This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to reflect essential functions per ADA.
About Tryon Solutions
Tryon Solutions provides professional services and software solutions for JDA (formerly RedPrairie) supply chain applications. Tryon Solutions has extensive experience with end-to-end implementations, upgrades and optimization services for Warehouse Management Systems and associated solutions, such as Transportation Management Systems, Workforce Management, parcel, automation and other logistics execution software applications. Through partnering with customers, Tryon Solutions helps logistics teams leverage its services and solutions to increase productivity, reduce risk and optimize operations across their supply chain.
Complete the form on this page or contact us with the job you’re interested in as the subject line.